9.28.2010

too swank for a tuesday.

So, I may as well confess to you now--because i'm sure you will hear about it again over the next several months...but I have decided to practice shop{i}bacy; which is a word i just created meaning to abstain from all things shopping.

that's right. no shopping for (insert gasp now)...
...for 3 months. well, at least 3 months. that is the preliminary time frame i have chosen--but we will reevaluate the situation of things when we get to that point.

going through this experience, i must admit--some days are easier than most but i can proudly say, as of yesterday--i am 30 days sober. yay me.

today was not so easy. i mean really--with emails like gilt groupe, jcrew and banana republic flaunting their 'never before seen' sales, daily as i sit down at my computer, how does one survive in this sort of environment? I mean really?...
this is what i really, really wanted to buy today...
and this....


...and, truth be told, i'd probably buy this one too...

...but i didn't. because i made a vow to become a changed, money-saving, free from consumer goods, non-impulse-buying woman and i hold strong and true to my commitment. for now.


in any event, i think i'll take my martini extra dry tonight...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I assume you don't mean "basics-of-living" spending, but "strong-personal-desire", "comfort", and "luxury" spending. I hope you make it. Grandpa Ralphie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails